The LMC is keen to address the increasing amount of un-resourced work that is being pushed into general practices. In order to do this we would invite practice managers, GPs and their staff to let us have examples of work that they have been asked to undertake particularly by colleagues in secondary care either directly or as part of patients’ hospital discharge plans.
Such work creep might include the following:
· Work to be undertaken by practice staff
· ECG / Blood Tests / Other investigations on behalf of others
· Requests for information from patients (that could be obtained directly)
· Requests for urgent prescriptions (where outpatient treatment recommendation forms should not be used)
· Chasing or arranging follow up appointments / letters
However this list is by no means exclusive!
Please let us have brief details by email and by all means include scanned letters, etc but please ensure that any patient identifiable information is removed.